We can all agree to that losing weight is not easy. In fact, most people never attain their weight goal, and some who do, end up regaining the weight.
Folks usually blame metabolism, but most of the time that’s not the problem. The truth is dieters make diet or exercise mistakes that hinder them from reaching their ideal weight. Today we’ll look into 20 common weight loss mistakes and how you can avoid them.
1. Underestimating calorie intake – studies show that most dieters (even experts) underestimate the number of calories in a meal. Counting calories will help you avoid this.
2. Overeating on holidays – according to research, most people are not able to lose the weight gained during holidays. Avoid overindulging during holidays to prevent unwanted weight gain.
3. Late night snacking – studies show that late night snackers gain more weight than folks who don’t eat at night. Set a rule not to eat past a certain time. And keep all unhealthy snacks out of the house.
4. Hormonal imbalances – in recent years researchers have discovered that our hormones have an impact on weight loss. Use these methods to keep your hormones balanced.
5. Extreme calorie deficits – maintaining extreme calories deficit long term can mess up your metabolism and hormones. Maintain a deficit of not more than 25 percent of your total calorie intake.
6. Cheat days – while cheat days are a great way to maintain your sanity while dieting, most people abuse them. The calories from cheat days can quickly add up and cause weight gain. I’d suggest you forget about cheat days.
7. Overeating on the weekends – if you’re like most people, your weekend starts on Friday afternoon. That’s when you start eating junk and boozing. Make a habit of eating healthy on the weekend and you’ll lose weight consistently.
8. Consuming too much vegetable oil – this is especially true for folks who eat in restaurants (even healthy restaurants). Vegetable oils might make the food tastier but they’re very high in calories. Note that excess intake vegetable oil can lead to lots health problems.
9. Relying on herbs for weight loss – you may not want to hear this but herbs won’t magically melt away the excess flab. You have to eat unprocessed foods, maintain a calorie deficit and exercise.
10. Excess sugar consumption – not only is sugar harmful to your health but it’s also packed with lots of calories. Reduce the intake of table sugar and avoid foods with added sugar.
11. Binge eating – binge eating is a big challenge for most dieters. Seek professional help if you have this disorder because it can make it impossible for you to lose weight.
12. Jumping from one diet to another – The average dieter has tried more than 4 diets. Most people don’t realize that what works for someone else might not work for them. Stick to eating habits you’re comfortable with and work on improving your weaknesses.
13. Lack of quality sleep – research has associated lack of sleep with weight gain. Make sure you get 8-9 hours of quality deep sleep every night.
14. Excess alcohol consumption – not only is alcohol high in calories but it also hinders fat oxidation. If you have to drink, go for spirits like gin and vodka since they’re low in calories.
15. Calories from beverages – calories from sodas, energy drinks and juices quickly add up and cause weight gain. If you have to drink beverages make sure you account for them in your total daily calorie intake.
16. Overestimating calories burned during workout – exercise doesn’t burn as many calories as most people think. Most workout machines give wrong readings. I’d recommend not to consider calories burnt during workout when tracking your calories.
17. Mindless eating – eating mindlessly leads to overeating and bingeing. Always focus on your meals, eat slowly and put food in plates, even if it’s nuts or snacks.
18. Not having a meal plan – a meal plan is one of the most important weight loss tools. It’ll guide you on what to eat and prevent you from opting for junk food.
19. Eating processed foods and junk – Processed foods and junk foods are high in calories and usually lead to bingeing. Stay away from them.
20. Not doing strength training – Strength training helps increase lean muscle mass, boost metabolism and enhance fat loss. Both men and women need it.
For more information on eating healthy and staying fit, download your FREE Flat Belly Guide to help you improve your health and physique. Like us on FACEBOOK
The post 20 Reasons You’re FAILING To Lose Weight appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.
After Clicking on One of the Links Below, Just CLICK the "Click Here to Agree and Continue" Button in the "Informed Consent and Participation Agreement" Form... to Begin Your Own Personal Q & A Session on How Laminine and Laminine Omega +++ Can Help You Achieve PERFECT Health.