Tuna is a great source of protein. High in Omega 3 fatty acids and low in saturated fats, it can be a great substitute for other less healthy meat options. There are also lots of vitamins found in the flesh of this delicious fish. Included below are 7 ways in which eating tuna regularly can be beneficial to your health.
1. Improves the Immune System – Tuna contains a substantial amount of antioxidants in its composition, including Vitamin C, zinc, manganese and selenium, which all help to increase the body’s ability to fight disease. Selenium serves as a super boost to our immune system and one serving of tuna can provide up to 200% of our daily recommended dose.
2. Improved Heart Health – Omega 3 fatty acids are beneficial to our system because they help to lower bad cholesterol and combat omega 6 fatty acids in our arteries. This helps our blood to circulate properly thus increasing our heart’s health. We are therefore at a lower risk of getting heart disease and other associated ailments.
3. Accelerates Weight Loss – Tuna is a low calorie food, which is very high in protein and nutrients. The high protein content helps to build muscle, which is what enables the body to burn fat. The Omega 3 fatty acids in tuna produce a hormone called leptin which is very useful in preventing us from overeating.
4. Helps Prevent Cancer – The selenium found in high amounts in tuna, helps to fight the production of cancer by neutralising free radicals before they can mutate into unhealthy cells. The high potassium content also allows us to maintain proper kidney function in the body, aiding in the prevention of kidney cancer. There have also been several tests that support the fact that tuna lowers the risk of developing breast cancer.
5. Anti-Inflammatory – Tuna helps to boost our healthy cholesterol, and when this is combined with the minerals contained in the fish, the result is high anti-inflammatory properties. This helps to decrease our stress levels while improving the overall performance of our bodies. This is especially helpful to those with inflammatory diseases like arthritis, as well as working to prevent these in others.
6. Lowers Blood Pressure – There is high potassium content in tuna, which along with the Omega 3 fatty acids, helps to lower blood pressure as well as prevent its occurrence.
7. Increase Energy Levels – There is a large amount of Vitamin B in tuna, which helps to increase our metabolism and promote organ health. This in turn dramatically boosts our energy levels. Athletes in particular can benefit from eating tuna, as the protein contained in the fish helps decrease muscle recovery time, in addition to increasing energy.
Tasty recipes for tuna dishes can be prepared regularly, as the flesh cooks quickly and easily. Start eating this nutrient packed fish once a week, and it is almost certain that you will notice an increase in your health. Please be aware that tuna can contain mercury, so be cautious about the source.
More Posts By Author Sophie Robinson.
The post Fleshy and Tasty – 7 Health Benefits of Tuna appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.
After Clicking on One of the Links Below, Just CLICK the "Click Here to Agree and Continue" Button in the "Informed Consent and Participation Agreement" Form... to Begin Your Own Personal Q & A Session on How Laminine and Laminine Omega +++ Can Help You Achieve PERFECT Health.