Many people are very concerned with their calcium intake, however, not so many people are aware of how important magnesium is and the fact that many people are deficient. Lots of people have trouble getting sufficient vegetables into their diet. At the end of this post I am posting a link to foods containing magnesium, so you can nourish yourself without supplementing if you want to.
Magnesium’s primary function is enzyme activation. It also plays a critical role in energy production. Bones contain 60 percent of the bodies magnesium and the other 40 percent is in the cells.
Several signs of magnesium deficiency are muscle cramps, insomnia, fatigue and irritability. Some diseases connected to low magnesium are kidney stones, heart disease, high blood pressure, cancer, PMS, menstrual cramps and insomnia.
I found in my own personal experience that it was useful to supplement with 500 mg for sleep some nights. As it relaxes the body it also helps to move the bowels first thing in the morning, so it can be useful if constipated. For constipation I take 1000 mg at night just before bed.
The reason why many people are deficient in magnesium is because they eat too many processed foods. Eating a whole food diet, high in leafy greens, nuts and seeds is a great way to get more magnesium in your diet. It is also better to get nutrients from food whenever possible as the foods are easier to digest than supplements.
HEALTHY RECIPE FOR NUTRIENT DENSE SMOOTHIE
Here is a recipe I created for a high vitamin and mineral smoothie.
In this latest smoothie recipe the health benefits are huge. They are high in magnesium which is good for reasons listed above. They also have lots of copper, in fact, even more than your daily needs. Copper is very helpful fighting inflammation and also it activates enzymes that help with the production of elastin and collagen. Sesame seeds contain calcium which is wonderful for bone health. They are also high in zinc which helps with bone density. Sesame seeds also contain many other nutrients, including manganese, molybdenum, selenium, B1 and fiber.
SESAME FLAX SEED SMOOTHIE
2 tablespoons sesame seeds
2 tablespoons flax seeds whole (do not use pre-ground flax seeds they may rancid)
1 handful fresh lettuce
I tablespoon coconut oil
1 teaspoon chlorella
1 – 4 drops stevia
I created this recipe a year or so ago as I wanted one that was affordable for most people. Some recipes have so many expensive ingredients that they don’t work for people with lower incomes. This will keep you nourished and regular for a low price. Please note this recipe is for two people.
It’s important to drink this drink within five minutes of making it as the flax seeds become sticky fast and it is not so enjoyable then.
This smoothie contains all the 8 essential amino acids and more, so even if you don’t eat well for the rest of the day you will have had a nutrient dense drink to start to your day. It should fill you up for three to four hours.
Here is a link to foods highest in magnesium content http://www.whfoods.com/genpage.php?tname=nutrient&dbid=75
Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements, Michael T Murray ND 1996 Prima Publishing
The post Magnesium for Relaxation, Insomnia and Constipation appeared first on NaturalNews Blogs.
Discover How Laminine™ Can Improve Your Health... Watch The Video Above!
Laminine™ Will Help Anyone. The Benefits, When Taken Regularly May Include...
Make 2017... the Year You Improve Your Health!
Join Thousands in 42 Countries
(shown at the bottom of this page) Who Are Already Seeing Amazing Health Benefits from
Regular Use of Laminine™ & Laminine™ Omega Plus!
"The Happy Pill"
Laminine™ is a
Natural, Synergistic SuperFood
that contains 22 amino
acids, trace minerals, vitamins and Fibroblast Growth Factor (FGF)
The perfect combination of life-giving sustenance sourced from land, sea
Its source is from the "Miracle of
Clinical Studies have been conducted which showed Laminine's™ positive effects on Physical, Mental, Emotional Strengths and Overall Health. Laminine™ is an all Natural Product
CLICK HERE To Join My Group & Order (Wholesale) & Choose the "Laminine™ Activation Pack"
After Clicking on One of the Links Below, Just CLICK the "Click Here to Agree and Continue" Button in the "Informed Consent and Participation Agreement" Form... to Begin Your Own Personal Q & A Session on How Laminine and Laminine Omega +++ Can Help You Achieve PERFECT Health.